Flow Of The Competition
- The participant comes to the venue and shows payment confirmation and gets the contestant number.
- Event orientation to be done by the Emcee explaining the rules and regulations.
- Based on the number in ascending order, the participants will perform in groups of two.
- Jury to decide the winner based on the close match along with the following components- visual foam quality, contrast between the ingredients, presentability, pattern positioning, overall impression.
- The participants will be provided with One semi-automatic espresso machine, on-demand grinder, 350ml and 600ml milk pitchers and 250ml standard latte cups. The barista can use any steaming pitcher they like but use the milk and coffee provided by organizers only.
- There will be two participants presenting their latte art in a knockout round, the judge’s choice will go ahead to further rounds.
- The cup should consist of espresso/espresso like beverage and steamed milk. No other products or ingredients to be added.
- Each participant gets a total time of 3 minutes to present their cup, including preparation time
- There are 3 prizes namely Winner, 1st runner up and 2nd Runner up.
- There will be 4 semi-finalists competing for the top 3 spots. There will be a qualifier round with 2 participants each and the winner of each qualifier will compete in the finals for 1st and 2nd place. The two semi-finalists who did not clear the qualifier will compete for the 3rd place trophy.
- The final 3 will be competing at the nationals which will be held in Bangalore.
Do’s & Don’ts
- This is a free-pour latte art competition. No stencils, etching tools, toothpicks or any latte art tools can be used to make the latte art.
- Failure to comply on any of the above will result in disqualification.
Nerlu Cafe, 30, ground floor, Cresent RD, Mashava Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Bengaluru karnataka 560001.