Opening a coffee shop needs planning. Other than a great location, plan and design, a detailed coffee shop equipment list can set you up for success. From grinders to brewers, and roasters to accessories, the list can be overwhelmingly long but acquiring the necessary and stable equipment is vital.
To help you get on the right path here’s a quick overview of some of the basics needed to start up your cafe.
Whether it’s a cold coffee milkshake or a piping hot cappuccino, coffee lovers know what the real taste of each coffee type is. Here is your guide to selecting the right equipment for an authentic cafe!
Most coffee beverages in a café are espresso based. Thus it is important to invest in a quality commercial semi-automatic espresso machine. Let us take a look at the top brands of semi-automatic machines:
- La Marzocco Linea PB: This handcrafted semi-automatic coffee machine is a heavy duty workforce that can guarantee a fantastic coffee for your customers. It is equipped with an exclusive, user-friendly interface that gives the barista control over boiler temperature, brewing volume and other options, ensuring a new level of performance and reliability.
- La Marzocco Leva S: The Leva S is a powerhouse of an espresso machine that would make a bold and striking statement in any café. It features ground-breaking design and technology in a mechanical, reliable and user-friendly machine. With dual boilers and dual PID, the Leva S can maintain incredible thermal stability shot after shot.
- La Marzocco Modbar: Modbar is a new and revolutionary coffee brewing experience. It is more than just a steam station that delivers a minimal, modern aesthetic combined with power and control. You can give your customers a full view of their drinks being prepared, from espresso pull to rosetta.
- Rancilio Classe 11 USB XCelcius: The digital age needs a digital coffee machine. This semi-automatic machine has a smart interface with a touchscreen command panel. It has a patented Xcelcius temperature profiling capability. There are filters for both one coffee per brewing unit and two coffees per brewing unit. Both time and temperature can be programmed.
- RS1 Rancilio Specialty: Your baristas will be able to offer an even better cup of coffee to your patrons with the cutting-edge brewing technology that this semi-automatic machine offers. Unmatched temperature control during the extraction allows the barista to fine tune every shot, resulting in a better cup profile. Providing baristas with enhanced workflow, resulting in less preparation time and better customer experience.
- Unmatched temperature control Unmatched temperature control during the extraction allows the barista to fine tune every shot, resulting in a better cup profile. Providing baristas with enhanced workflow, resulting in less preparation time and better customer experience.
For those mouth-watering smoothies and shakes, you need the latest range of coffee and smoothie blenders. The top stars in this category are:
- Vitamix Quiet One: This is the quietest commercial blender in the market. It comes with an unmatched sound reduction, exceptional blending capabilities, and fast service delivery. The 34 variable speed levels create the perfect smoothies or frappes in a short time.
- Vitamix T&G Blending Station: It has a no-drip spout to ensure zero wastage. You can create frappes, smoothies, or frozen cocktails of any size.
- Vitamix Drinking Machine Advance: This essential blender gives your customers a wide range of options ranging from fruit smoothies to thick shakes. You can even prepare a customised smoothie or shake.
For maintaining the quality of the espresso, the grinding of the coffee is important. Here are the top picks:
- Mahlkonig E80: The E80 is a breakthrough in premium espresso grinding. It provides top-notch grinding speed and effortlessly copes with high daily capacities. The E80 Supreme comes with 80 mm flat steel burrs engineered for impressive uniformity at the finest settings, enabling perfect extraction for a superior taste.
- Mahlkonig EK43: Known as the ‘King of Grinders’, EK43 is a robust, high-capacity shop grinder known for its outstanding particle size, the EK43 is suitable for a number of applications be it filter, espresso or Turkish-fine coffee grinding.
- Mahlkonig E65S: The swift and silent, E65S elevates coffee shop espresso grinding a notch higher. Its impressive flat stainless steel burrs deliver unmatched coffee particle consistency and uniformity. The E65S is an ideal match for your café setup.
- Mahlkonig E65S GbW: Experience unmatched control over your espresso quality with the E65S GbW. It’s the first espresso grinder ever that features Grind-by-Weight technology for real-time scale controlled dosing.
Impress your customers with these high-end latte art machines that transform regular coffee into works of art. From coffee lattes, to nitro cold brew, milkshakes and more-This kind of coffee printer can print images on foam-based drinks in under 10 seconds. With the simple Ripples app, customers can even create their own designs, including selfies, which can be printed on the beverage using premium natural ingredients.
Espro Calibrated Tamper: Take the guesswork out of espresso with the Espro calibrated tamper that helps you compress the espresso grounds in order to pull the best possible shot every time you brew.
Urnex Cleaning Material: Make your coffee equipment better with Urnex cleaning solutions. Their products help in removing oil & milk residues from coffee for all brands of coffee machines.
Toddy Cold Brew System- Commercial Model with Lift: With its unique cold-water brewing technology, Toddy Brew System produces cold-brewed liquid coffee or tea. It’s a perfect fit for cafes to maximise the volume of extract you get out of every batch.
Toddy Cold Brew System- Pro Series 10: It comes in a stainless-steel brewing vessel with a capacity of 38 litres. The new Toddy Pro Series 10 is a perfect fit to scale up your cold brew range of less acidic, bold and super smooth coffee for your specialty café. It’s a patented and food safe option that simplifies your large-scale brewing requirements!
An authentic cafe needs to offer customers a menu with variety, and this is only possible with the right equipment. All these high-quality coffee equipment are just a click away on Kaapi Machines. With their wide offerings that include a range of Roasters, Grinders, Coffee Machines, Ice Blenders, and Advance Coffee Technology, Kaapi Machines is a complete supplier of the coffee ecosystem throughout India.
Fun and interesting coffee facts to jumpstart your day
All the caffeine lovers would agree that coffee has the power to uplift your mood for the entire day. From…
5 best types of coffee to wake you up in the morning
Whether it is coffee or tea, we all love our morning jolt of caffeine. For coffee lovers, this cup is…
How to make espresso coffee with the espresso machine?
Having a good espresso machine is vital to make an excellent cup of coffee. Considering the widely renowned love for…
Personalisation and Digital Innovation in Coffee Service
The cafe industry in India has grown significantly in the last few decades. On a global scale, India is placed…
Contactless Coffee Machines Ideal for Offices and Hotels
A Popular quote says, “A bad day with coffee is better than a good day without it.” This quote goes…
Which Roaster Suits You Better, Probat or an Aillio?
If you are a coffee aficionado, you will agree that coffee makes life better. But have you ever wondered what…