Coffee is a rich source of NPK – Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium. It is acidic, and the caffeine and antioxidant in coffee make it a great resource for DIY home remedies. These properties aren’t lost in the grounds left after brewing.
So, while you #stayathome making those delicious cups of joe, using the coffee grounds wisely. Here’s the bucket list of many useful tricks to create zero coffee waste –
• Use coffee waste instead of logs, which are high in combustion, for a fireplace.
Did you know that coffee waste is comparatively 20% hotter and burns longer than wood and generates nearly 80% fewer emissions?
• Use coffee waste to marinate meat – Brewing a strong pot of coffee (and chilling it) creates a natural tenderizer. Similarly, a coffee rub helps to break down the meat and add a beautiful, rich flavour to your steak.
• For body scrub and beauty also popular in Turkish hammam’s – The sand-like texture of coffee grounds makes a great exfoliant in homemade scrubs. The grounds work gently to remove dead skin cells, which helps in skin rejuvenation and boost circulation.
• Fertilize your garden – Used coffee grounds add organic matter to the soil, which enhances drainage, water retention and aeration in the soil. It also helps create bacteria beneficial to plant growth as well as attract earthworms. You can also add it to your garden compost as its rich in NPK.
• Pin cushions – Fill a pincushion with used coffee grounds. Believe it or not, the coffee grounds will keep your pins from rusting! You can also use it as an odor absorber.
• Used to dye fabric – Used coffee grounds offer an environmentally friendly way to dye fabric. Scientists have found an organic way to add color to clothing with coffee grounds
• Air Freshener – Very good to make organic air fresher’s they can filter the air in the refrigerator or in a room, with their everlasting strong smell.
• Mosquito Repellent – Used to repel mosquitoes, spread them in stagnant water and mosquitoes never come to lay eggs in them. This is a very useful hack to stay away from mosquitoes.
• Also made into biodegradable coffee cups – German start-up Kaffeeform designed various coffee cups, including a take-away cup, made from waste coffee grounds.
Fun and interesting coffee facts to jumpstart your day
All the caffeine lovers would agree that coffee has the power to uplift your mood for the entire day. From…
5 best types of coffee to wake you up in the morning
Whether it is coffee or tea, we all love our morning jolt of caffeine. For coffee lovers, this cup is…
How to make espresso coffee with the espresso machine?
Having a good espresso machine is vital to make an excellent cup of coffee. Considering the widely renowned love for…
Good Coffee Makes A Happy Workplace.
Coffee at workplace increases productivity; it makes staff happier and reduces work place stress. It raises one's mood, makes one more alert and strengthens short term memory. All positive attributes for…
Why you should not use a blender to grind your coffee
There are a few basic parameters that are important to understand when it comes to brewing a great cup of…
How you can be your customer’s favourite café?
High-Quality coffee: A good cup of coffee can make or break your how your brand is perceived.Great Customer Service: Great…